Friday, October 5, 2018

The Bible Helps Me, Abraham, Remember Who I am


The Bible Helps Me, Abraham, Remember Who I Am


It would be a miracle remembering what happened over 3,000 years ago.  Fortunately, long term memory can become vivid when you get old.  And I have divine help.  God and his writers wrote down a sketch of my life in Genesis.

With these clues from the Bible, I invite you to re-live with me my sacred journeys.  It’s never too late to be more grounded.  More rooted in our sacred history, surely we will better bloom blessings.

My name was “Abram” for half my life.  “Abram” means “Father is exalted.”  You will soon see how I would need a miracle to exalt my father or be a father.  My struggles moved God to eventually change my name to “Abraham” which means “Father of More and More Billions of You.”
If you have trouble with the word “God”—and who can blame you, you’ll see how I discovered the word “God” reveals a creative mystery beyond our understanding.  Awesome, like our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment